Calling all visual artists out there! Join at our first ever Digital Poster Design Challenge which is one of the categories for our C’mon sa Brighton Inter-school contests.
This is a weekly art challenge using a digital platform as a medium for making design. Each week, there will be a theme or concept that must be followed in order to qualify for the challenge.
Week 1: “A Vision of Women”
Week 2: “Know Your Worth”
- The contest is open to all Grade 10 and Grade 12 students.
- To join, students must fill out this Google Form: bit.ly/nbspi-csb
- All types of digital platforms are accepted (Adobe Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Corel Painter, Procreate or other digital art software or application).
- Create an artwork following the theme/concept given per week.
- Only one (1) entry per participant is allowed per week.
- Artwork, text and images must be all original and will remain the property of the artist. The school is not liable for any artist copyright violation and will not be involved in any copyright conflict.
- The entry should have not been previously submitted or published in any poster art design contest.
- Image specification for submission.
- Size = minimum of Letter size (8.5” x 11”) at 300 dpi
- File format = JPEG only
- Color mode = RGB
- File label = < “Name”_”School Acronym”_”Week No”.jpeg>
- Submit your artwork to [email protected]
- Upon submission, the participant should indicate the following in the email body:
- Full Name (last name, first name, middle initial)
- Grade/Year Level and Strand/Course
- Contact Information (message and cellphone number)
- Poster short title and/or description
- The artwork will be posted on New Brighton School of the Philippines on the following week. Art theme/concept will be introduced every start of the week and ends at the end of weekly challenge as follows:
- Week 1 (March 6 to March 12, 2021) / FB Engagement count: March 13 to 18)
- Week 2 (March 13 to March 19, 2021) / FB Engagement count: March 20 to 25)
- Winners will be announced on NBSPI Days (March 25, 2021).
- This challenge is a point system basis. The participant must join in every week to earn cumulative points. The participant with the highest point earned wins the challenge.
- The point allocated per week judging will be as follows:
- Content (relevance to the theme and clarity) – 25 points
- Quality of Work (design, creativity and originality) – 30 points
- Impact (presentation and visual appeal) – 20 points
- Online Engagement (reacts and share) – 25 points
Total points per week: 100 points
Overall Champion: 3,000.00 cash + as much as 1,500 worth of mall coupons and vouchers (transferrable) + assured college scholarship/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable provided student meets the scholarship qualifications)
Runner up: 2,000.00 cash + as much as 1,000 worth of mall coupons and vouchers + assured 10% college scholarship/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable provided student meets the scholarship qualifications)
Weekly choice winners: coupons (i. Champion and runner up are not eligible for the weekly choice prize. In case they are first in the points system, the next in line will be chosen for the weekly choice reward).
FOR-THE-CAUSE OPTION: The submitted artwork may be sold for bidding with the consent of the creator. 60% of the bid price will go the artist, and 40% will be donated to KCC Foundation, Inc.
We are so excited to meet young and talented visual artists in the city. See you at New Brighton!