Open Access Databases
- PQDT Open – ProQuest’s online depository of dissertations and theses published on an open access basis.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – Quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals covering all subjects and languages.
- JSTOR – Provides access to more than 12 million academic journal articles, books, and primary sources in 75 disciplines.
- Google Scholar-is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
- Bielefeld Academic Search (BASE)-is operated by the Bielefeld University Library in Germany, and it offers more than 100 million documents from more than 4,000 sources. Sixty percent of its content is open access, and you can filter your search accordingly.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations – an index of over 3.5 million electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). To the extent possible, the index is limited to records of graduate-level theses that are freely available online
- Bloomsbury Free E-Books – Bloomsbury Academic Open Access Statement Bloomsbury Academic is committed to publishing the best scholarship across our lists in the Humanities and Social Sciences, Visual Arts, and Drama. We also have a commitment to our authors to disseminate their work as widely as possible
- ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center)– Bibliographic records of education literature, plus a growing collection of full text
- Highwire Press – Major source of free access to high impact, peer reviewed life sciences journals on the internet sponsored by Stanford University Libraries.
- COVID-19 E-Resources – a compilation of COVID-19 policies and issuances, laws and legislations, publications, websites, and databases, published by local and foreign governments, academic institutions, international organizations, and health science publishers.
- Project Gutenberg – the first and largest single collection of free electronic books, or eBooks. Offers over 36,000 free ebooks downloadable to your PC.
Philippine Open Access Databases
- Freelipiniana Online Library – created by the LIKHAAN: UP Institute of Creative Writing aims to collect and upload Filipiniana works to allow readers to consume these local texts from the safety of their homes, be they for leisure or research. We want to encourage literacy and make education accessible even while the pandemic limits many of our essential activities. It is divided into six sections: Fiction, Poetry, Nonfiction, Drama, Graphic Literature, and Children’s Literature.
- Philippine Journals Online – It is a “database of journals published in Philippines, covering the full range of academic disciplines. The objective of Philippine Journals Online is to give greater visibility to the participating journals, and to the research they convey.”
- Philippine News Agency-is a web-based news article of the Philippine government containing reliable and updated news about our country.
- HERDIN – database of published and unpublished health researches in the Philippines.
- The Official Gazette – is the official journal of the Republic of the Philippines. This website is the online version of the print edition of the Official Gazette, which was created by decree of Act No. 453 and Commonwealth Act No. 638.
- PHL CHED Connect – contains higher education materials in various formats that are useful for teaching, learning and research purposes.
- IMF eLibrary – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) eLibrary delivers comprehensive online access to IMF information. The eLibrary contains over 12,000 publications that provide authoritative perspectives on topics ranging from macroeconomics and globalization to technical assistance and poverty reduction. The data eLibrary contains over 9,500 financial and economic data concepts containing more than one million statistical data.
- JEBAV – The journal of Economics, Business, and Accountancy, Ventura (JEBAV) has its mission of being one of the leading journals in Economics, Business and Accountancy. JEBAV is a double-blind peer-reviewed international research journal with international members of editorial boards. This journal is published by The Research and Community Services at STIE Perbanas Surabaya, a college of business and banking, under the guidance of East Java Indonesia National Bank Association Foundation.
- EconBiz – is a great resource for economic and business studies. A service of the Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, it offers access to full texts online, with the option of searching for open access material only.
- Global Development Finance – Focuses on financial flows, trends in external debt, and other major financial indicators for developing countries. Includes over 200 time series indicators from 1970 to 2009, for most reporting countries.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) – Open Author helps you build and publish Open Educational Resources for you and for the benefit of educators and learners everywhere.