Do you have what it takes to speak confidently in a spur of the moment? Join the Extemporaneous Speaking event of New Brighton for the first ever Inter-School Contest this month of March.
Here’s how to join:
- The contest is open to all Grade 10 students and Grade 12 students.
- To join, students must fill out this Google Form: www.bit.ly/nbspi-csb
- A maximum of 2 students per school will be chosen during screening.
- For screening purposes participants will be asked to send a short introductory video (30 sec – 2 minutes). The introductory videos of the chosen finalists will be uploaded on NBSPI’s Facebook Page. A special award will be given to the finalist whose video has the most engagement (comments, likes and shares).
- The contest date will be held during NBSPI’s DevCom Day (Mar 25, 2021) via Google Meet.
- Prepared questions are selected randomly. Each finalist is given 3 minutes to prepare and deliver their speeches.
- Finalists can deliver their speeches in English, Filipino, or a mixture of both languages.
- The speakers are judged based on Content and Organization of Ideas (40%), Delivery, including voice and behavior (30%), Persuasiveness and Clarity (15%), and Impact (15%).
- The deadline of submission is on March 11, 2020.
- Winners will be announced during NBSPI’s DevCom Day (Mar 19, 2021)
Exciting prizes await all our winners!
Champion: 1,500.00 cash + 500 worth of mall coupons and vouchers (transferrable) + assured College scholarship/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable provided student meets the scholarship qualifications)
1st Runner up: 500.00 cash + 300 worth of mall coupons and vouchers + assured 10% College/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable)
2nd Runner up: 300.00 cash + 300 worth of mall coupons and vouchers + assured 10% College /SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable)
Consolation Prizes: 10% College/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. + Special Award for Introductory video with the widest reach/engagement
Register now and make your school proud. C’mon sa Brighton! #NewBrightonPH #CmonSaBrighton