Calling all visual artists out there! Join at our first ever Digital Poster Design Challenge which is one of the categories for our C’Mon sa Brighton Inter-school contests.
This is a weekly art challenge using a digital platform as a medium for making design. Each week, there will be a theme or concept that must be followed in order to qualify for the challenge.
1. The contest is open to all incoming Grade 11 SHS and First Year college students.
2. To join, students must fill out this registration link: https://bit.ly/nbspi-csb
3. All types of digital platforms are accepted (Adobe Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Corel Painter, Procreate or other digital art software or application).
4. Create an artwork following the theme/concept given per week.
5. Only one (1) entry per participant is allowed per week.
6. Artwork, text and images must be all original and will remain the property of the artist. The school is not liable for any artist copyright violation and will not be involved in any copyright conflict.
7. The entry should have not been previously submitted or published in any poster art design contest.
8. Image specification for submission.
• Size = Letter size (8.5” x 11”) at 300 dpi
• File format = JPEG only
• Color mode = RGB
• File label = < “Name”_”School Acronym”_”Week No”.jpeg>
9. Submit your artwork to https://bit.ly/nsbpi-csb-dpdc
10. The artwork will be posted on New Brighton School of the Philippines in the following week. Art theme/concept will be introduced every start of the week and ends at the end of the weekly challenge as follows:
Week 1 – March 15 to March 21, 2021
• Week 2 – March 22 to March 28, 2021
11. Winners will be announced at the awarding ceremony (April 8, 2021).
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
1. This challenge is a point system basis. The participant must join in every week to earn cumulative points. The participant with the highest point earned wins the challenge.
2. The point allocated per week judging will be as follows:
• Content (relevance to the theme and clarity) – 30 points
• Quality of Work (design, creativity and originality) – 20 points
• Impact (presentation and visual appeal) – 20 points
• Online Engagement (reacts, likes and shares) – 30 points
Total points per week: 100 points
Overall Champion: 3,000.00 cash + as much as 1,500 worth of mall coupons and vouchers (transferrable) + assured college scholarship/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable provided student meets the scholarship qualifications)
Runner up: 2,000.00 cash + as much as 1,000 worth of mall coupons and vouchers + assured 10% college scholarship/SHS tuition discount at New Brighton School of the Philippines, Inc. (transferrable provided student meets the scholarship qualifications)
Weekly choice winners: coupons (i. Champion and runner up are not eligible for the weekly choice prize. In case they are first in the points system, the next in line will be chosen for the weekly choice reward).
FOR-THE-CAUSE OPTION: The submitted artwork may be sold for bidding with the consent of the creator. 60% of the bid price will go to the artist, and 40% will be donated to KCC Foundation, Inc.
We are so excited to meet young and talented visual artists in the city. See you at New Brighton!